We recognise and know them as pests but yet sometimes I feel guilty for the little lives that I've taken with a swift swoop of a newspaper for a spray from the can.
However, I am unable to live with the knowledge that these tiny little insects would one day grow into the size of thier parent and eat away at my clothes, food, sharing the sacred space of our bed and bathrooms. What have I to do but kill them.
As I smashed a tiny one today, it crawled onto my hand. Seemingly as a desperate measure or maybe not. At that point in time all I can feel is disgust for that damnable creature. In retrospect however, I silently ask myself and perhaps the questionable soul for that critter, why would you just go away, live in a place no one cares or sees and not be killed?
It has come to my conclusion that pests are ideological. But this idea has been instilled in me so long I can no longer change it.
Sorry little brown black things. I kill on sight. Unless you're too big then I run on sight, and look to my knight to vanquish you.
May you realise the dangers you're in and disappear or risk the mortality for your lives.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment